APOS Could Help
A message from the President and the OBs team
Dear colleagues, friends, and Affiliate Associations/Societies of Asian Pacific Orthodontic Society (APOS),
The year of 2020 is indeed a special year. The world has and is still being affected by the Covid 19 pandemic and the Asian Pacific Orthodontic Society (APOS) has not been spared. This year, the first in its history, the APOS was not able to hold a physical Annual General Meeting (AGM) and election for the new office bearers (OBs). However, through meticulous preparations by the former Office Bearers, the APOS family were still able to ‘see’ and send our warmest regards to each other via an efficient virtual AGM. COVID-19 may keep us away physically, but it will not stop us from staying even closer than before virtually!
Through virtual voting, the APOS has formed her new OBs team. This new team includes:
- President and Editor in Chief of APOS Trends in Orthodontics: Dr. Eric Liou
- Vice President: Dr. Dong-Hwa Chung
- Secretary General: Dr Roberto Tan
- Treasurer: Dr Wei Lin
- Assistant Treasurer: Dr Sylvia Tan
- Immediate Past President: Dr Zhou Yanheng
- APFORE Chairman: Dr Tanan Jaruprakorn
A new strong APOS OBs team & chairman of the APFORE have born! As the leader of the team, I am proud to announce that together with the newly elected OBs, we are looking forward to working together, under the motto “one APOS, one voice”.
We will continue to work on:
- updating and revising of the Bylaw of APOS
- fiscal year budget planning of APOS
- new affiliate members development
- updating and development of the APOS website
- planning for the Asian Pacific Orthodontic Conference (APOC) and Residents Forum
Our motto for 2020-2022 is “APOS could help” and we look at how we can further serve our Affiliate Associations/Societies. Our vision is to grow APOS for a better and brighter future and alongside our affiliate members, we will always bear in mind what APOS can bring to them instead of taking from them.
We have set two primary goals; the first is to elevate and promote orthodontic education and research of our Affiliations/Societies in the Asian Pacific region in conjunction with the official Journal of APOS (APOS Trends in Orthodontics) and APFORE. The second goal will be to establish board certification advisors for our Affiliations.
Keeping in mind the current economic and health climate due to Covid 19, we know that the road ahead may not be easy and smooth. In fact, we expect a few hurdles and ‘bumps’ along the way. However, we are confident that with support and teamwork from the APOS family we will be able to achieve our vision and goals set for the next two year.
Let’s all remember this: ‘one APOS, one voice’. Please cheer us on!
The APOS President and his OBs team
- Eric Liou (President, Editor in chief of APOS Trends in Orthodontics)
- Dong-Hwa Chung (Vice President)
- Roberto Tan (Secretary General)
- Wei Lin (Treasurer)
- Sylvia Tan (Assistant Treasurer)
- Yanheng Zhou (Immediate Past President)
- Tanan Juraprakorn (Chairman, APFORE)
Written by: Dr.Kanich Tripuwabhrut
11th Annual International Orthodontic Conference of Orthodontic and Dentofacial Orthopedic Association of Nepal (ODOAN)
Written by: Dr Manish BajracharyaExecutive Committee Member, Asian Pacific Orthodontic SocietyThe 11th Annual International Orthodontic Conference of Orthodontic and Dentofacial orthopedic association of Nepal (ODOAN) was held virtually on 6th and 7th November 2020. The theme of the congress was “Invisible Orthodontics: The Glory of lingual orthodontics and aligners”. We had planned to host the
Written by Dr. Dong-Hwa, Chung
Photo submitted by the Thai Association of Orthodontists
Interview with Dr A.V. Arun
Written by Dr Keiji Moriyama